Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho


After just a few short hours of driving, we crossed the Spokane River that flows into Cougar Bay. I knew it was going to be beautiful because of the pictures I saw online but seeing it in person was breathtaking...The evergreens densely covered the mountainous landscape on both sides of the shimmering water. I could not help but imagine what this place must look like under snow...awe-inspiring. 
My photos don't do it any justice 

We felt truely blessed to be able to experience this kind of beauty with our little guys and wanted to make the most of it. After setting up our trailer, We went for a family walk to scope out our surroundings. Our RV Campground is right on the lake, just steps away from  our front door. There is a playground and a cute little fish pond surrounded by lush green grass. There is also little nature trails  throughout. There is a small "beach" to play in as well as a small semi-hidden alcove Dan spotted that would serve as a good fishing spot for the boys. 


The next day, Dan decided to give Daniel & Caiden their first lesson in fishing. The boys have their own little fishing poles that Dan set up with weights only.


They were so cute trying to catch fish with those poles, it was hard to explain why they weren't catching any fish, lol. Enviably the boys kept tangling their line and Dan had to fix them every 2 minutes.


We also checked out the Farmers Market in town and stocked up on fresh produce and sampled different kinds of homemade cheeses and cold brewed coffee. Daniel had been asking for a carrot since he woke up so we gave him one as soon as we saw a vendor selling them...he loved it!

Dan bought an overpriced sign that I wanted for our home on wheels because my birthday is coming up. It looks great!


After the Farmers Market we drove around the area doing our usual neighborhood search and found it lush with trees and grass. I'd say this is another town going on our list.

Now it's Sunday, most of the weekend RVrs are gone and its quiet here. I took the boys to the beach several times today because tomorrow we are leaving for Kalispell, Montana to visit my best friend Christine and her husband Jake.
 
I haven't seen my best friend in almost a year and a half so I'm really looking forward to this next visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment