Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

And We're Off...

Our first night camping in our new home. You can see Dan, Caiden and our friend Katie who came to visit us.

It's been a crazy few weeks but we are FINALLY ready.  My brother flew in from Iowa for 6 days to help my husband Dan put in new flooring for my mom. So of course it had to be 108 degree weather from the day he arrived to the day he left (btw my mom doesn't have air conditioning). It was hard work in extreme heat but somehow they pulled it off and my moms floors look better than they did before the flood, awesome!

We have our 5th wheel now and it's even better than I remember! We decided to take it on a test run at a local campground with full hookups and so far so good. We had all our friends and family come out and see our beautiful new home on wheels and send us off in style :)

We actually leave San Diego tomorrow and are headed for Las Vegas to see our friends Joe & Amanda. It's our first stop on our long journey and I can't imagine a better way to begin out adventure than in the bright lights of Vegas.  We are staying for two nights at Circus Circus RV Park and I know the kids will enjoy that. 

It's been a long time since we started planning and I can hardly believe we are actually ready to leave. It's seems like because we have been so busy and constantly go, go, go...we never had a chance to let it sink in that our dream of traveling is really happening...like right now! It just doesn't seem real yet. I'm guessing that after the first couple of weeks our mindset will begin to shift and hopefully we finally relax and take it all in. 

With that, we are off to our next great adventure...


Here are some pictures on our first night in the 5th wheel:
our campsite 
Our bikes (one day we are going to actually ride them lol)
Our living room/kitchen


   
Striking a pose

No comments:

Post a Comment