Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hot Chocolate 5k


My sister-in-law Kate and I did this 5k last Sunday! We were both a little worried about it because there wasn't a lot of time to train for it but we did pretty well.

Here we are in our tutus ready to run!
It was a beautiful course beginning at Principle Park (where the Iowa Cubs play) then winding around the Des Moines River.

Kate jogged the entire course while I finally had to walk it at mile two. While I hung back, Kate and an 80 year old man dressed in purple chatted happily while still maintaining a decent pace. Maybe one day I will actually jog an entire 5k, but for now i will settle for progress. Even though it didn't seem like it, I actually did my best time so far at 42 min. 

Here we are with out chocolate metals! 
Here is the older gentleman dressed in purple. He got an award for being the oldest participant.

This was our families last official day in Iowa. The next stop in Bentonville, Arkansas to see my friend Jennifer and her family.

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun Kelly, and I am so proud of us! The guy in purple, his name is Al and he is 83 years old...and he beat me!! Best race I've ever ran, and so glad to have done it with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete