Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Des Moines, Iowa


Greetings from Des Moines, Iowa! 
We are here in Des Moines to visit my brother Troy and my sister-in-law Kate for about four weeks. Just look at these guys!


We arrived at Walnut Woods State Park in Des Moines last Monday afternoon (9/28). Every time we visit someplace new I think it's the most beautiful place I ever seen and this time was no different.  The campground is small but the park surrounding it is huge. We have the feeling like we are the only ones here and it's kind of wonderful.

View from outside out campsite 
The sun shining through the trees
Our campsite

After we settled in, Troy and Kate came over with beer and the kids roasted hot dogs and marshmallows while the adults talked and threw a few back. It was the most relaxed Dan & I have felt in a really long time. 

First night cooking hot dogs & marshmallows 

The next day I had Dan pull our bikes out and attach the bike trailer to my bike. I forgot just how fun ridding bikes can be. The kids and I spent the next few days riding or bikes all around the park. 

Look at Daniel throwing up either a gang sign or a funky peace sign, lol.
Boys never tire of riding bikes. 

We have really enjoyed spending quality time with my brother and Kate. Kate researched all there was to do in Des Moines while we were here and she suggested We go to Howell's Farm to pick out a couple of pumpkins. We went this past Sunday and there was so much to do there it was incredible. There were pumpkins, other types of squash, gourds, playgrounds, pony rides, corn maze, hot food & beverages, Halloween & Fall decorations, tractor wagon rides, air guns shooting corn at silos and much more. We all really enjoyed ourselves and picked out 4 pumpkins.

The boys are picking out small pumpkins 
Caiden made a friend
Daniel and Uncle Troy going down the slide
The boys love the see-saw
This cow shaped slide is giant! 
...and apparently you shoot out the rear end of the cow.
Ah, look at these cuties.
The tractor ride to the corn maze and pumpkin patch
I love my sister-in-law Kate! You can see the corn maze behind us.
The boys wanted to ride in the wheel barrel.
My cute husband.
Our pumpkins colored by each of us.
From left to right (Dans, Caiden's, Daniels, Mine)

There isn't much more to report right now, we're just relaxing and watching the leaves on the walnut trees change color. We plan to visit another state park and Downtown Des Moines next so, until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment